Solutions for Your Marketplace
The Plexus microelectronics (µE) team provides solutions that enable you to meet the needs of your marketplace. When the market demands higher performance (speed, weight, signal integrity) in smaller spaces, µE packaging can be the solution. Plexus offers a complete solution for your manufacturing needs, starting with custom semiconductor packaging that can be combined with surface mount circuit card assemblies and then system level integration and test.
Each customer is assigned to a project manager, who facilitates all deliverables for the duration of the project. The µE team provides semiconductor packaging at all stages of the product lifecycle: from proof-of-concept builds through pilot launch and into production volumes. Annual volumes for our customers’ products range from hundreds to tens of thousands.
Interconnect Technology Capabilities
- Die attach: conductive epoxy, non-conductive epoxy, eutectic
- Wire bonding: gold ball stitch, gold and aluminium wedge-wedge, gold ribbon
- Anisotropic conductive film (ACF)
- Stud-bump bonding (SBB)
Underfill and Encapsulation
- No flow underfill (pre-solder fluxing)
- Low stress underfills
- Dam and fill encapsulation
- Glob-top chip overcoat
- High power, programmable optical microscopes
- Scanning Acoustic Tomography (CSAM)
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF)
- Micro-focus x-ray
- Programmable laser scanning surface measurement
- Shear/pull test for die and wire bond adhesion
- Surface contact angle measurement system
- Laser and printed labels
Test and Measurement
- RF test capabilities, from 900MHz to 60 GHz, can be customer-supplied or built to specified requirements by Plexus Engineering Solutions.
- Test solutions are uniquely suited for microelectronics modules that are as diverse as their end-market uses.